- August, 2023: Yannic Noller joins SUTD as Assistant Professor.
- July, 2023: New research program on fuzz testing launched!
- June, 2023: New group webpage launched!
- April, 2023: Shin Hwei Tan joins Concordia University.
- January, 2023: 2023 ICSE MIP Award for SemFix
- November 2022: Foundations of Software Engineering (ESEC-FSE) 2022 in Singapore
- August, 2022: 5 year research program on Program Repair starts
- April, 2022: Professor Abhik Roychoudhury recognised with IEEE New Directions Award
- January, 2022: Oracle supports our research on program repair.
In the paper, the authors present an automated program repair method based on symbolic execution, constraint solving, and program synthesis. The requirement on the repaired code to pass a given set of tests is formulated as a constraint. The work explored the usage of symbolic execution for specification inference, when only tests are available to describe programmer intent. With this work, the authors coined the area of semantic-based program repair. The work on SemFix significantly inspired the ideas explored in our MoE Tier 3 project on Automated Program Repair!
Foundations of Software Engineering (ESEC-FSE) 2022 from ACM SIGSOFT held in Singapore, thanks to all of those who attended in this post-COVID conference.
Abhik Roychoudhury has won the IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Software Engineering (TCSE) New Directions Award for 2022. He received this award jointly with Professor Cristian Cadar (Imperial College London), in recognition of their contributions to symbolic execution for test generation and program repair.
Read more here: